Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Today



I went to my mom's house for most of the day, and brought Emma with me. We were there for about five hours, and of the five hours we were there, Emma spent about four and a half of them torturing my parents' dog, Lily, trying to make her play. She was all, "Play with me! Play with me! Play with me! Play with me! PLEASE????!" Poor Lily played for about half an hour and then was like, "Dude!!! Leave me alone!" Lily barked and snarled and snapped, and Emma did not pick up on one single social cue. Kind of a clueless dog we have.

It was like having a conversation with a very active toddler in the room. 

Even so, it was awesome to hang out with my mom and talk and talk. Yay!

And then i got to go to the doctor for my yearly checkup. I really like my doctor. I hadn't gotten the paperwork in time to get to the lab before my appointment, and she was all, "You know, your bloodwork was perfect last year, and you don't really need to get bloodwork every year unless something has changed or you feel different or whatever. So...you can skip that." YES! 

I went upstairs after the kids should have been asleep, and Katrina was still reading. She was all distraught: "I'm so tired, but my book is so good that i can't stop reading it!!!" I assured her that i know exactly how that feels. And then i took her book downstairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment