Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thursday


Katrina woke up this morning a little after 9:00. I was awake, reading in bed, so she came and climbed in with me and we snuggled and made shadows on the ceiling. It was a lovely start to the day. I sent her to wake up Houston at 10:00, and the two of them played and played and played up in their rooms. I kept hearing gales of laughter and shouts of, "NO!!!!" I hear tales of War and Uno Attack and Harry Potter, the Lego board game.

We picked Zane up from my parents' house this afternoon and went straight to my sister's house for fun in the pool. The kids swam and jumped and swam and jumped until they were shivering. (It was warm today, but not exactly hot....) Zane played mostly in the shallow end and couldn't be persuaded to do any jumping, but he had fun floating around. (I dream of a day when Zane will be willing to put his face in the water and will learn to swim. Some day.)

By the time we got home, everyone was starving and exhausted. Typical end to a good summer day.


No comments:

Post a Comment