Sunday, August 30, 2015

Grandpa's birthday


Today was my grandpa's 96th birthday.

I feel like that just deserves repeating. 96th birthday.

I'm so grateful that all of my grandparents lived into their nineties, and i'm especially thankful that i still have a grandparent who is still alive and incredibly healthy for a 96-year-old. My grandpa was a doctor, back when being a doctor meant that you did everything from general practitioner to surgery. He was a soldier in the Army, and was stationed in South Korea back when it was just Korea. He's lived through the Great Depression and World War II.

Today we gathered all of the kids and grandkids and great-grandkids that could make it, and we all sat around and ate pizza and enjoyed each other's company. My grandpa thanked us for coming and told us that he loved us all and choked up a little bit from the emotion, and it just makes me happy that we can still have him with us.

Here's to year 97.

No comments:

Post a Comment