Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Family


My brother and his family is visiting from North Carolina, and we're just not all together often enough, so today we took family pictures. We got pictures of the actual whole family - all 28 of us - but i don't have those on my computer yet. But this picture here? These are the people i grew up with. The family of which i have a million memories, most of them happy. I love these people.

I really love all of my family. The in-laws and the nieces and nephews included. Every single one of them makes me happy. When we're all together, it's loud and chaotic and a little bit overwhelming at times. But i wouldn't change it for anything.

I think that we're all just so incredibly blessed. (I actually usually roll my eyes when people say that they're blessed, but i can't think of another word that fits.) I hear people talking about hating family get-togethers, and i can't relate, because my family is the best.

Tonight, after the kids were in bed and most everyone had gone home to bed, my mom, my sister-in-law Ashley, and all six kids stayed up very, very late and played a game that is ridiculous (Tripoly) and laughed and laughed and laughed. And it was awesome.

 That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment