Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Twitter update



I have NO IDEA when my last Twitter update was, since my old blog is gone, so i'm just going to go back to, let's say...January, and just do all of 2014. Since i didn't do much tweeting this year.
  • Juanito just backed up the pictures on my computer. 217,000, according to him. That's a lot of pictures.
  • Not to brag, but Juanito and i just got a score of 60 in the fast pass level of Hyperslide.
  • Me: "Katrina, there aren't any Asian American Girl dolls, are there?" Zane: "Or ALIEN American Girl dolls." I think he's missing the point.
  • Zane just sobbed at me, "Mommy? Sometimes i feel like a shower is the worst thing in the world."
  • Katrina's singing her heart out to the Frozen CD. Love it.
  • Just showed my kids an episode of the 3 Stooges. Their reaction: "Well. That was...weird."
  • Zane ate breakfast and five minutes later came down to ask for a snack. He never stops eating, this boy!
  • Guinea pig i was holding just yawned. THE CUTENESS!
  • Me: "Spring is the best season, and anyone who disagrees is wrong." Katrina: "That's a false generalization." Yes. But i'm still right.
  • It's never going to not be snowy. The snow will be here forever and ever and ever. The end.
  • Katrina and Zane are outside playing in the blizzard. I, on the other hand, am curled up inside, glaring at the snow through the window.
  • It's a snow day and almost 30 degrees, so i sent my kids outside to play. They all want to come in because they're "too hot."
  • Pet peeve: When children ask a question and then run away before i've finished answering.
  • Zane: "Touch my tongue." Me: "Ew. No." Z: "If you don't like tongues, why do you have one?" Me: "B/c it's useful." Z: "To tongue kiss?"
  • Four kids in family room playing Truth or Dare. Me: "Where's Zane?" From upstairs Zane calls, "I'm up here. Feeling lonely." So...come down?
  • Katrina: "I keep leaving things places on the coffee table, and then they disappear!" Me: "So...do you think you should stop leaving them?" Her: Blank stare.
  • In the past half hour: 1. K & Z repeatedly bonked butts chanting, "Booty, booty," & 2. Houston rubbed my face with a rag he'd cleaned the toilet with. So. This is what parenting is like.
  • Snow, snow, snow. I kind of hate everyone who lives in warm climates right now.
  • I'm making Zane work on his poster for school. He has to color in a presidential seal. "This is the worst day of my LIFE."
  • Just made Katrina try on all of her summer stuff to see what still fits. The answer: Not much. She has grown a TON this year!
  • It's warm and my windows are all open and it's ah-maaaaa-zing.
  • Me: "Would you watch the kids for a few hours on our anniversary?" Her: "Why don't you just bring them over the night before?" My mom rocks.
  • The best part about chewing gum at the farmer's market is that i have an excuse to not try foods i know i don't like.
  • Me: "Jehovah's Witnesses are coming! Pretend we're not here!" Houston: "What do JWs look like? And why are you scared of them?"
  • I know that i sound like a broken record, but WHYYYYYY do people wait until midnight to set off loud fireworks? I do not understand!
  • Zane: "Does Elvis Presley sing 'Can't Touch This'?"
  • Juanito, talking to Zane about hair: "When i was little, everyone had shaggy hair. But nowadays, you can CHOOSE if you want shaggy hair." Zane: "And be like, SO 80's, Dude?"
  • I'm blatantly ignoring the school's request and am reading "The Outsiders" with Houston. I've been waiting and waiting to read it with him.
  • School day 2: Katrina's home sick with a fever. She's so sad - this'll the first year in 4 years she won't have perfect attendance.
  • Okay, but seriously, why can't they make a bathroom cleaner spray bottle that still works when you tilt it down?
  • I'm never as fully aware of my loser-ness as when i get all teary, listening to country music.
  • Teaching Katrina to crochet. I forget how hard it is to learn crocheting! She's sobbing into her needle, "I can't hold on to anything!"

No comments:

Post a Comment