Sunday, November 5, 2017

In which i am dumb.


I just did something that i never, ever thought i'd be stupid enough to do.

But let me back up.

So tonight the kids asked (as they do almost every night), "Can we have ice cream?" and i said, "Sure." And so Katrina and Zane ran to the kitchen and got cups of ice cream mixed with milk and came back to the front room, and we started reading "Fahrenheit 451," and then i sent them to bed. And a little while later, i thought, "I would like some ice cream too!

And so i went into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and got out the ice cream and looked around for the scooper, but it was nowhere to be found. I eventually found it in the ice cream bucket, where one of the kids had finished getting their ice cream, put the metal scooper into the bucket, put the lid on, and thrown the whole thing back into the freezer.

I rolled my eyes and went to tell Juanito that our kids! They are sometimes not the smartest! And then i went back to the kitchen, pried the freezing cold metal scooper out of the bucket, and went to run it under hot water.

But there was some ice cream stuck to it. And it seemed like a waste to just wash all of that perfectly good ice cream down the sink. So i started to lick it off.....

And, as anyone who has ever seen the movie "A Christmas Story" knows, when you touch your tongue to metal, it sticks. Luckily, i only touched the very tip of my tongue to the metal and pulled it off instantly, but now the tip of my tongue is all raw feeling. Sigh. I am dumb.

1 comment:

  1. to be honest,you are smarter than me at least

    ReplyDelete